The water tower, constructed in 1872, stood proudly on the eastern side of St Pancras station, serving as a crucial source of liquid fuel for the steam locomotives arriving at and departing from the station. This seemingly humble water tower was not overlooked by the meticulous Victorian engineers. It was thoughtfully designed by the team of Sir George Gilbert Scott, featuring intricate brickwork detailing along the edges of the supporting overhang for the water tank. This architectural attention to detail exemplifies the craftsmanship and care given to even seemingly utilitarian structures during the Victorian era.
October 15th, 2023
Viewed 955 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 03/03/2024 at 7:53 PM